Dr. Kay was born in Detroit, MI, and grew up in Clinton Township. He was accepted into the University of Detroit Mercy’s 7-Year BS/DDS Accelerated Program, and graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry in 2016. He attended two mission trips to the Dominican Republic and was also awarded a $25,000 scholarship by the Delta Dental Foundation for working in underserved parts of the state upon graduating.
His wife, Alyssa, is from Suttons Bay and also a Detroit Mercy graduate. They moved back to Traverse City in 2017, where they currently live. Dr. Kay worked in Acme and Bellaire until 2019, when he began working in Beulah and Manistee. With the birth of his first child, Dr. Kay wanted to work closer to home and purchased his office in Interlochen. He is thrilled to provide care to such an amazing community of people.
Dr. Kay loves Northwestern Michigan. Together with his wife, they enjoy many outdoor activities including golf, skiing, boating, soccer, volleyball, tennis, camping, biking, swimming, and hiking.
- American Dental Association – Member
- Michigan Dental Association – Board Member for Resort District Dental Society
- Pankey Institute – Graduate of Essential Series (130+ hours in Comprehensive/Cosmetic Dentistry)
- Dawson Academy – Extended training in Comprehensive & Cosmetic Dentistry
- Spear Academy – Extended training in Comprehensive & Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Academy of Clear Aligners – Member
- Global Diagnosis Education – Member